Monday, September 17, 2007

Someone Pinch Me


I must be sleeping, the Detroit Lions are 2 and 0! Are you telling me that my Sundays are no longer going to be filled with anger, frustration, envy for my out of state friends football team. Don't get me wrong I'm not eatin' the corn bread or sippin' the kool aid, I just get that feeling that this team believes in itself and can be competitive in a high percentage of games. Kitna said they will win ten games,well I've got a hard time gettin on board with that one, I did think 7 or 8, and that was me going out on a limb, but now I feel a little better about bein' that homer and blindly following the Lions yet once again, hell the payoff could be....dare I say....the playoffs!? I dare, I dare. If I am made to eat my words, well its just another disappointing football season, and I am so callous to that now, it doesn't even hurt anymore.


Happier times. The Lions showed a lot of heart this past Sunday, Kitna really showed me that he wanted to win, and I have a lot of respect for him and his game play, I mean putting your shoulder down and smackin Minnesota's "D" in the mouth, awesome. What player on the offense didn't push it for extra yardage? I didn't see the stereotypical Lion fall down in the fetal position with each catch or run. What about the famous "run like he's on fire to get to the sidelines" play(short of the first down of course). The wide outs fought hard for extra yards, they got open to be easy targets for Kitna, and did some nice down field blocking.

The defense also really stepped up, and it is now obvious that Coach Marinelli knows defensive players(D.White). You've got to say that Ernie Sims is a hard workin middle linebacker who didn't take a play off. The Shawn Rogers/Cory Redding D-line did a good job stuffin up the middle lanes, and applied some good pressure on the Minn. QB.

We all have to face the facts, the Lion's looked pretty damn good! Pretty much everyone on the team contributed, hence the picture of Brian Calhoun(and 29 was my Al Bundy high school football number). It feels good to go to work on a Monday and not have to read about how crappy the Lions played and what jerk are we going to draft first or second, because the season is already over or who should get fired, blah, blah , blah who drove naked thru a drive thru, blah! I could get used to this, but I know it could be a dream.....by the way, don't pinch me, let me enjoy this dream.

Side note: Thank you Calvin Johnson for not being a long hold out pain-in-the-ass!

1 comment:

the_ubster said...

I'm thinking they can pull off 10 wins. Go Lions!