Friday, October 19, 2007

October 19th aka-Black Friday

October 19th is a sad day to me and The Ubster....its our birthday, yes the same day. We have a lot of similarities, but that's all besides the point, the point is birthdays.

I dislike b-days, and I don't mean to be so cynical, but my family does not like to age or at least acknowledge it so my issues come from a long line of "don't say a G-damn word to me today". Here's a little example, my mothers birthday was last week, and we were all over there to "celebrate", and I asked my mother "so I don't have to do the math, how old are you?" she quickly responded with the middle finger. So now you have an idea of the response you would get from me if you asked. She didn't do it to be mean or pissed-off, she's a fairly classy chick, but a sign of "back-off I'm feeling old", so I didn't take it to heart.

Now that I have kids I may change my feelings, but I did start a family at a late age so I've got that shit to deal with....

The video kind of sums up how I feel. This youtube video is kind of old, but still relevant and still very funny.

5 comments:

General Patton said...

Love the song!!! I am not far behind!!! Happy Birthday to Gump and Ubster!!!

Lt. Dan BeauPeep said...

This is SO not true! When your mother was asked what "number" birthday this was, she blurted out...a number 3 years less than the actual number. NO FINGERS WERE INVOLVED. SHE DEMANDS YOU RETRACT YOUR ONLINE STATEMENT.

Pvt.Gump said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pvt.Gump said...

I had two typo's in my last comment so I had to delete it.....

On with it, Lt. Dan this is the blogesphere and there are no retractions, you just have to sit there and take it or fire back with your own story/fact/interpretation/perception.

Do you deny the "flipping of the bird"!? Do you also deny having an issue with aging!? Have you ever deceived your family where you true age was concerned!? When was the last time you gave your family ideas for gifts for you!?

Members of the blogesphere the defense rests, the evidence is overwhelming and damging to the prosecution.

LT. show yourself out please.

Lt. Dan BeauPeep said...

Yes, your Honor, I deny "flipping of the bird". I do have a problem with aging in the respect that it influences how others, like Gump, respond to you. Other than that, aging is something that happens-to everyone and I accept that. I have not been deceptive about my age. It is a common fact that I had my first child when I was 18 yrs old so how can one be deceptive? Simple math will tell the truth. As far as gifts are concerned, I love gifts. They don't have to be big or expensive. Thoughtful, meaningful gifts are the best kind of gift I can think of. I do give gift hints continually-you just have to listen or observe. I do admit engaging in silly banter about aging and playing along with what was being said. But, that is all it is - silly banter. Having a birthday is truly a milestone and if anyone wants to celebrate that I am still around and cognizant then I consider myself Honored.