Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Why you ask? Well here's the Introduction.

I'm not a journalist or even especially good with grammar, but as an average guy in the suburbs of Detroit who is in his thirty's dealing with kids, sports, and getting old in general. I figured there were several guys like me who needed somewhere to vent or just read about our guy type stuff.



I'm not that serious of a person until it comes to my family and our troops. We were lucky enough to have a family member do two tours in Iraq and still made it home safe and in one piece, and I only want the same for other families who have sons or daughters in the armed services. I don't care what any one's politics are on this site your opinion is valid here.



When it comes to kids I'm still a novice...I have a three year old daughter who is very smart and extremely controlling already...its like her mother is covertly training her all day. My son is two years old and still can not speak much English, he speaks that baby Chinese or Spanglish, where there is the resemblance of a word but immediately followed up with gibberish. Regardless of these two small issues I care for them deeply and try to show it everyday.



My Wife is a great person she waited several years for me to grow-up, and is still waiting. we are one of those couples that met in a bar through mutual friends and eleven years later here we are pretty happy I think. At this site we might as well refer to her as Gen. Patton who will be a contributor on this blog.



As for me I'm nothing too special, I work in the technology field running several servers and digital phone switch...yeah, its that boring...end of job description. Now my life revolves around my little kids, keeping the wife somewhat happy, and where am I going to get away from all of this for a couple of hours to have a beer(s) and some guy time to watch or listen to some sports. I typically hide in my basement with the XM radio, which has all of the MLB games nightly and all of the NHL games so life is pretty good in the basement...think XM would send me something for that free ad? I'm already sick of talking about me....lets get on with some posting. If you have any questions regarding me or the fam feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment.

2 comments:

the_ubster said...

You are now a Blogger. Welcome.

I didn't even get a mention in your getting away for a few beers?!?!?!

Pvt.Gump said...

First off....nice picture, you may want to think about not using your "real" picture(you got the kind of face that would be perfect for radio), and secondly your right....I do usually drag my neighbor Ubster to the local watering hole to....well, what happens at Jake's stay at Jake's.