Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A video that is Inspiring and Honest

This may be old to some of you, but it was a great video that I had to share if someone hasn't seen it.

On Dr. Pausch's site he updates us by telling us he is still doing very well. Now, with that said I should probably explain.

Dr. Pausch is dying of Pancreatic Cancer which has spread, and he was given three months to live. That was six months ago.

This video is not to bring you down, it does the opposite. The video brings up a question, and my question is...Why do we wait until we or someone we know is dying before we do something like this or listen to someone like this? Why does the outcome have to be extreme for people to listen or to do something? Don't get me wrong I am just like everyone else, but with this video on here atleast I can come back and refer to it when I start slacking off on things like a sincere apology.




No! I don't watch Oprah! This video is the shorter version. the full length video is over an hour and I can't see you people sitting still long enough to watch the enitre video, but you can find it on youtube of Google videos if you are so inclined.

2 comments:

General Patton said...

I think that was the most inspiring thing I have ever seen. It made me realize that sadly I have let myself become an Eeyore when I used to be a Tigger!!! I am going to work on getting back to being a Tigger!!!!!! What an amazing person.

Lt. Dan BeauPeep said...

This is one of those videos that you save and review whenever you feel yourself becoming an Eeyore. It's a great pick-me-up - very inspirational and contains alot of good advice to apply to everyday life. I loved this!