Tuesday, July 17, 2007

TV Commercials


My family and I were watching the Tigers game this past Sunday. Everyone was having a good time talking, and sharing how smart we all are with stats, the schedules, and the batting rotation, you know the usual baseball talk. All of a sudden a commercial comes on the TV, and it is noticeably three to five times louder than the game, and we were all like what-the-F*$@#! So my Dad being the patriarch of the family quickly gave the job of volume control to my younger brother, who is now responsible for turning it down when a commercial comes on, and back up when the game comes on. Now don't get me wrong, I do like watching the little shit have to do this, but what a pain in the ass.

Why do we consumers have to tolerate this from the TV Station its advertisers and the FCC!? Well, I wrote them a little letter via email asking them, why, what can be done, and are they aware of this. I'll keep you posted on my findings...if any. The attached Family Guy video from Google is an FCC tribute if you will.

1 comment:

the_ubster said...

I HATE that. Thay say that the commercials aren't louder but I'm not buying it.

You'll get an answer like this one, if you get an answer at all.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17229281/